If you have any concerns or questions, please feel free to contact us in writing or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Who we are.
We are Anywhereworks Canada, Inc., a Canadian federal corporation, carrying on business under the name "LEX Reception". Our address is 99 Yorkville Ave Suite 200, Toronto, ON M5R 3K5. You can contact us by post at the above address, by email at email@example.com or by telephone at 1-800-800-9995.
LEX Reception is committed to respecting your privacy and ensuring the personal information you have entrusted to us is held securely. We process personal information in accordance with the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents ["PIPEDA"].
Purpose of this policy.
What is Personal Information?
Under PIPEDA, "Personal Information" is generally defined as being information about an identifiable individual. Personal information in this context is considerably broad, and includes any information about an identifiable individual, even if the information, viewed together or in connection with other information, cannot identify the individual to whom it relates. Examples of personal information covered by PIPEDA include, but are not limited to, names, age, height, employment status, residence addresses, views expressed in surveys, online reviews, education, and marital status.
Why we use your personal information.
We use the information we hold about you in a range of different ways, which fall into these broad categories:
- Things we need to do in order to provide you with the products or services you've requested.
- Things we need to do to meet legal or regulatory obligations.
- Things that enable us to run our business effectively and efficiently.
- Things we do with your consent for marketing purposes.
What type of information do we collect?
The personal data we collect from you may include the following:
- Information you provide to us when registering for our Services;
- Information you provide to us in any correspondence and a record of any correspondence we have with you;
- Details of transactions you carry out with us as well as information about your bank account and card details;
- Information about your use of our Services;
- Information you provide to us through surveys you complete or competitions you enter;
- Information about your preferences;
- Information about any possible fraudulent, criminal or anti-money laundering activity which our systems detect;
- Information we get from your device;
- Information we get via cookies on your browser;
- Information about you from external companies/sources;
- Information about you from public places; and
- Information about you from social media.
What we do with your consent: Marketing.
We will send you offers and information via email, post, phone or online about any of our group products and services. You will always have the option to opt-out, unsubscribe or to otherwise signal your intention for us to stop sending you such communications. We never share your data with companies outside our group for them to use for their own marketing. From time to time, we may team up with a third party to bring you details of a product or service we think might interest you, but where we do this the contact will come from us - we will never pass your details to the third party without your prior consent.
Social media advertising.
If you have given your consent to marketing, we will work with social media companies such as Facebook and Twitter to provide you with information about our products and services via their platforms. If you do not wish to see these adverts, you can control this easily by disabling preference-based marketing in the privacy and ad settings on each individual platform.
Even if you have withdrawn your consent to personalised marketing by LEX Reception, you might still see general adverts for LEX Reception products and services on your social media feeds. These will not be specifically targeted to you, and again, you can control this via the privacy and ad settings on each platform.
Sharing your personal information.
In addition to any sharing listed above, we may disclose anonymised data (such as aggregated statistics) about users of our services in order to describe our sales, customers, traffic patterns and other information to prospective partners, advertisers, investors and other reputable third parties and for other lawful purposes, but these statistics will not contain your personal data.
We may occasionally be required by law, court order or governmental authority to disclose certain types of personal data. We will not disclose your personal information in such circumstances unless we are duly required by law to do so.
We may also share your information with third parties in the following situations, to the extent permitted by law:
- If we think doing so is necessary to protect the rights, property, security, or safety of us, our service, our users, or the public;
- To enforce our Terms of Service or any other agreements we have in place with you;
- To investigate and defend ourselves or others against any third-party claims or allegations; and
- While negotiating or in relation to a business transaction, such as a merger, change of control, sale of assets, or bankruptcy.
How long do we keep your information?
We hold your personal information only as long as we have a valid legal reason to do so, which includes providing you with the services you have requested, meeting our legal and regulatory obligations, resolving disputes and enforcing our agreements.
The length of time for which we keep different types of personal information can vary, depending on why we originally obtained them, the reason we process them and the legal requirements that apply to them. However, in all circumstances, once all the purposes for which personal information was collected or used have been fully satisfied, we delete the information securely.
When setting our data retention and deletion timescales we take into account a range of factors, including applicable regulations and standards relating to taxation, payment processing and complaint handling, the need to prevent or detect crime or other misuse of our services, and audit requirements. To fulfil our requirements, some of your personal data will need to be retained for a period of time after you cease to be a customer. When we no longer need it to fulfil the above requirements, we delete it securely. Where we wish to retain any information for analysis purposes, we first anonymise it in accordance with Principle 5 of PIPEDA's fair information principles so that it can no longer be linked back to an individual. Please note that if you opt out of receiving marketing from us, we will still need to keep your contact details in order to suppress them from future marketing activity.
Our Information Security promise.
We strive to protect your personal data and our Services from unauthorised access to or alteration of your personal data. This includes use of various security measures to protect your personal data held by or on behalf of us and ongoing review of our information collection, storage and processing practices.
Your Information Rights and Choices.
Your Information Rights and Choices
- The right to be informed upon request, of the existence, use, and disclosure of your personal information by us. You also have the right to access such information;
- The right to challenge any inaccuracies in your personal information that we store and to have your personal information amended as necessary;
- The right to complain to the Office of the Privacy Commissioner if you believe your privacy rights have been infringed, or you disagree with a decision we have made about your privacy rights.
Please also note that under Canada's Anti-Spam Legislation, you have the right to withdraw your consent for us to send you promotional and commercial messages through email, social media platforms and other related mediums.
Google API Disclosure.
LEX Reception use and transfer to any other app of information received from Google APIs will adhere to the Google API Services User Data Policy, including the Limited Use requirements.
Reporting Concerns or Compliments.
Please contact us if you wish to raise a concern about LEX Reception's handling of your personal information, or to compliment what you think we have done well. In the former case, we approach all privacy complaints with the upmost seriousness and will make it a priority to investigate and redress privacy complaints in an honest and timely manner.
Protect Your Information.
You are responsible for maintaining the security of your account and password and restricting access to your computer or device, and you agree to accept responsibility for all activities that occur under your account or password. Please keep your password secure. Do not share your password with anyone else.
Your browser also generates other information, including which language the website is displayed in, and your Internet Protocol address ("IP address"). An IP address is a set of numbers which is assigned to your computer during a browsing session whenever you log on to the internet via your internet service provider or your network (if you access the internet from, for example, a computer at work). Your IP address is automatically logged by our servers and used to collect traffic data about visitors to our website. We also use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our server, and to administer our website.
A 'cookie' is a small text file that is downloaded onto your access device when you visit a website and that enables the website to obtain certain information from your browser, such as your preferences. Cookies allow us to maximise your experience using the website by increasing its functionality and allowing the website to remember information and selections as you move from page to page and from visit to visit, depending on the cookie. A cookie does not harm your access device, nor does it contain any viruses or other malware.